Release: September 1998
Edition Quantity: 500 (each)
The Mesa Fire Department began as a volunteer organization on November 1, 1898 with the appointment of the Mayor as the first Fire Warden. The City soon purchased its first 'pumper,' an 1899 chemical wagon. Mesa's population in 1898 was approximately 700 people living and working in a one square mile area.
Today the Mesa Fire Department has over 340 members, 298 of them sworn firefighters, and a fleet of 86 vehicles, protecting nearly 368,000 people and their property in an area of 123 square miles.
More images available, click to enlarge.
All Code 3 Fire
Trucks & Emergency Vehicles are:
Mint in Dome