Release: March 2003
Edition Quantity: 3,000
Dimensions: 5.63L X 1.75W X 1.88H inches
Clover Hose Co. Volunteer Fire Department
This is the 4th in the series of St. Patrick's Day releases for Code 3
Apparatus History The first unit the fire department used was a hand drawn hose
cart that was on loan from another station. The Clover's received Mt. Carmel's
first motorized pumper in 1914. It was a 1914 American LaFrance Triple
Combination pumper. This truck was sent out for repairs in 1926 when it was
discovered that it would be more cost effective to replace it with a new
apparatus. It was replaced with a 1926 American LaFrance Triple Combination
pumper. The ALF was later replaced with a 1942 Seagrave pumper. The Seagrave
pumper lasted until 1966 and was replaced in April 1967 with a 1966 Hahn.
Today, the Hahn pumper, now considered an antique, is used for parades and
special events. The Clover Hose Co. currently houses a 1994 Pierce which was
placed into service in November 1994. All the apparatus for this department have
been painted with the distinctive Green and Gold color combination since the
company was formed in 1904.
Station History Clover Hose Co. was formed in 1904 as a fire company and is the
third of the four fire stations in Mt. Carmel. The Clover's have been in its
current building located at 301 South Oak Street, since 1910 and has gone
through numerous renovations. This is a volunteer fire company with 'A' member
Firefighters, Ladies Auxiliary, and 'B' Social members.
The fire company sponsors a Teener League Baseball Team and a Girl's Softball
Team. Holiday events are held at the fire company for Christmas and Easter;
Santa Clause comes to the fire station and a Train Land (a model display for the
public) are annual events, as well as an Easter Egg Hunt open to the whole
More images available, click to enlarge.
All Code 3 Fire
Trucks & Emergency Vehicles are:
Mint in Dome