Engine Company 63 was organized on February 1, 1896 in the former quarters of Empire Engine 1 of the former volunteer Wakefield Fire Department, at White Plains Road & Ouen Place. Later that year they were moved to 687 East 240th Street on December 11, 1896. On January 15, 1909, they moved to a then new firehouse at 4109 White Plains Road. They then moved again to their current firehouse at 755 East 233 Street in the Wakefield section of the North Bronx, on September 17, 1971. Ladder Company 39, which operates a 2002 Seagrave 100 foot tractor drawn aerial, moved into these quarters on June 12, 2006 from their very old former quarters a few blocks away at 243 East 233rd Street. The Chiefs of the very busy 15th Battalion also occupy this same firehouse with Engine 63 and Ladder 39. In 2009, Engine 63 responded to 3,903 runs, of which 3,126 were classed as working fires.
Engine 63 operates a 2008 Seagrave Marauder II 2000 gpm pumper, which was assigned to them on February 9, 2009. This is one of thirty identical pumpers, plus one similar with a 2000 gpm High-Pressure pump, classed as 2008 models. There are also forty more identical Seagrave Marauder II 2000 gpm pumpers also in service and classed as 2009 models. Twenty eight similar 2010 Seagrave Marauder II 2000 gpm pumpers are being delivered in 2010. The members of Engine 63 proudly obtained the very distinctive graphics displayed on their new pumper, which carries FDNY registration number SP08024. Prior to the current apparatus, Engine 63 operated a 1998 Seagrave 1000 gpm pumper (SP9805), which later became Reserve Pumper 517.
More images available, click to enlarge.
All Code 3 Fire
Trucks & Emergency Vehicles are:
Mint in Dome