Release: March 2001
Edition Quantity: 5,004
On August 1, 1899, Engine Company 71 was organized at 3168 Park Avenue, Bronx,
NY and then moved to a large new house at 3134 Park Avenue, NY on December 1,
1901. They remained there until moving on March 16, 1989 to new quarters at 728
Melrose Avenue in the Bronx, which they share with Ladder Company 55. The
headquarters of this 6th division of the FDNY is also located there. The first
alarm territory for this very busy unit includes many old tenements, high rise
housing projects, government buildings and Yankee Stadium. Their 1958 Mack Model
C 750 gpm pumper entered service on March 4, 1958 and remained until January 15,
1969. The current apparatus is a 1993 Seagrave 1,000 gpm pumper.
More images available, click to enlarge.
All Code 3 Fire
Trucks & Emergency Vehicles are:
Mint in Dome